Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Innocent newbie question...

From: "Lee" <cheekypeople () sec33 com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:23:38 +0100

I think dismissing the "rather bloated" Norton and McAfee is somewhat of a
step in the wrong direction, never let an overbloated program be the mask
for one not doing the job right.

Norton and McAfee have strong background ties (Mcafee being owned in part by
Microsoft and Norton, well the story is alot of the same) are very large
companies and offer excellent facilities for protection in their own
methodology.  Norton had the first beta definitions out for Sasser.

I am not going against my own thoughts and asking you to dismiss others
based on my words, just asking you to keep an open mind.

All AntiVirus products will do the same, but its sometimes the bloated-ness
that can off the all round protection.

I have to admire TrendMicro for their Housecall Online program, excellent
and quick program and KasperSky has already "done exactly what it says on
the tin"

I personally use Norton, as it fits well on my desktops and laptops ,
integrates well with my desktop firewall on the laptop and the integrated
Parental Control on its Firewall offers good work for little price for the
kids.

Just trying to give different perspectives that all, its not about who's
best, but how it fits into your little scheme of life.

Regards

Lee @ STS
http://www.seethrusec.co.uk
Building Knowledge and Security..