Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Support the Sasser-author fund started

From: Ron DuFresne <dufresne () winternet com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 10:11:15 -0500 (CDT)

        [SNIP]

Therefore we should license computer users and require tests before they
are allowed to buy and/or use a computer?  Something along the lines of a
drivers license?  Also, have you seen some of the absurd warning in the
operating manuals - 'Do not touch the chain saw blade while in motion'.
Perhaps all computers sould have a warning - 'Do not use if you are an
idiot'.  But then most internet commerce would cease...

Perhaps not, due to Byron L. Sonne's law;;

Being stupid is a real impediment;
first of all you're dumb and second of all you're too stupid to know how
dumb you really are.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html