Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Should the industry be expecting a hacker response to election results?

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 21:08:41 +0000

Do you think if bush gets back in that hackers have something ready to
launch against internet targets?

Are security firms ready for a major internet incident?

Are the major dot-coms got staff working late incase something occurs?

Is this realistic or is my drama filled imagination getting the better of me?

Personally i'm expecting something, i don't know if it comes in the
way of a denial of service of some description or a virus outbreak, or
perhaps a high profile defacement on one of the major dot-coms.

I think if hackers were holding off an exploit or vulnerability for a
rainy day or day of high political importance, then the U.S election
result if it swings in the direction of bush would be the prime time
to use it.

Thanks,

n3td3v

[ security enthusiast ]