Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: [in] Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:47:37 -0600

Very True, not to talk about all the apps that won't run correctly in
Windows because of non-admin rights. Should we all have to give
premissions to special reg keys just to have a app run as a non-admin? I
mean come on...you give us a so called security feature (Run As) and
then it is only useable half the time for the IT world and almost
totally useless for the everyday basic user.

But of course most of the apps that don't work with Run As are harder
apps but I am sure everyone has seen some.