Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE is just as safe as FireFox

From: "Rafel Ivgi, The-Insider" <theinsider () 012 net il>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:43:40 +0200

Its not about market share. Its about functionality.
Internet Explorer has about a 10000000 functions for website designers to
make an amazing website with
dynamic content and wonderfull graphic filters and a million extends to the
simple HTML language. All this functions creates a wide range to mistake and
for us to explore. That is THE ONLY REASON why I.E is less safer from
firefox, which is just a visual HTML interperter and a javascript
interperter, nothing special.
Its easy to make something so miniature safe and even there they made
mistakes with 1000 D.O.S situations, I found at least 10...
If there will only be firefox you cannot have the pleasure of just browsing
a web and get your viruses cleaned out, unless you allow java applets in
firefox.

Rafel Ivgi, The-Insider
Security Consultant
Malicious Code Research Center (MCRC)