Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FW: Shadowcrew Grand Jury Indictment

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:37:15 +0000

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:26:12 -0600, Todd Towles
<toddtowles () brookshires com> wrote:
I sent this to n3td3v yesterday. Why look into the news..just go to the
DOJ website...st8r to the fish's mouth.

Indictment for hundreds of credit cards, UK passports, state licenses,
school IDs, bank accounts...etc..

Are we right in thinking it was the Full-Disclosure list who initially
brought the shadowcrew site to the attention of the intelligence
agencies? I was under that impression, where is the credit where its
due by journalists and authorites?! I don't see much mention of
"Shadowcrew busted after a thread post on a security mailing list
about the site". Maybe i've got my facts crossed again, but yeah.

Thanks,
n3td3v

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html