Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Q: Linux Command Line Encryption

From: "Janusz A. Urbanowicz" <alex () bofh net pl>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:44:05 +0200

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 05:48:26PM +0000, Ali Campbell wrote:
Hi there,

Sorry for a question which I'm sure a lot of people on this list will
consider trivial, but I'm subscribed, so I might as well ask it here.

I need a Linux utility which I can use to encrypt a single gzipped file
via the command line. Obviously something open source would be
preferable. I'm not really interested in setting up a whole suite of
stuff with keyfiles and so on, and I don't need a public/private key
setup, just something quick and dirty with a single secret key for
encryption and decryption which is nevertheless reasonably strong.

gpg -c, mcrypt

alex
--
0x46399138