Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Case ID 51560370 - Notice of Claimed Infringement

From: Thomas Sutpen <sutpen () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:48:19 -0700

On Apr 5, 2005 5:01 AM, Ag. System Administrator <sysadmin () agent co il> wrote:
More nice will be if this .iso file is just 451,486k of /dev/random junk.
Any proves that this file __IS__ Sybase Powerbuilder 9 Enterprise.iso?
MD5? Something?

The question that would begged to be asked is how they verified it.
If they were to download copyrighted software from somebody sharing
copyrighted software, does this not also constitute a crime?  Is it
not true that downloading illegally shared software is itself illegal?
 I'm not a lawyer, of course, but it's been my observation that the
legal system doesn't often smile on those breaking the law to prove
that others are breaking the law, unless it's in a Hollywood movie, no
pun intended.

Perhaps copyright makes some sort of concession for this.  But it
makes one wonder...