Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft April Security Bulletin Webcast BS

From: dk <dk () pwarchitects com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:05:33 -0500

Micheal Espinola Jr wrote:
Wow... so, I'm listening to the webcast while doing my work today. I just heard him (the male presenter) say (three times now) that because some of the vulnerabilities have *not been publicly disclosed* that they are *not publicly exploitable*.
 *OMFG*.

MS exploit motto?

<teasing_baby_voice>
Peek-a-booo!
If you can't see me,
I can't see you!
</teasing_baby_voice>

I guess they are just trying to reinforce their recent idea that 0dayz == NULL and only patches beget exploits. While obviously wrong, this /is/ a handy PR stance I guess. If they say it enough times, it might just become true too, right? (Developers, Developers, Developers....)

Heheheh -- Sorry, too much sugar this afternoon.

--
dk