Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: FW: Introducing a new generic approach to detecting SQL injection

From: Mohit Muthanna <mohit.muthanna () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:14:09 -0400

As you know, blocking SQL injection with filters on characters is painful and
not always successful. I got thinking about it and thought of an approach

Painful? That's just an excuse for being lazy. (No offense intended.)

Not always successful? ... I don't get this, why not?

There are a number of tools and libraries that will quite easily and
robustly handle quoting / escaping issues for you. E.g., perl's DBI
module handles all your quoting issues by way of prepared statements.

All it takes is a little forethought and a lot less laziness.

Mohit.

--
Mohit Muthanna [mohit (at) muthanna (uhuh) com]
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary, and those