Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Insecure http pages referencing https

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 22:43:03 -0400

fd () ew nsci us wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
fd () ew nsci us wrote:

Today I realized that many "secured" web sites reference their secure login page from an insecure page.

Welcome to, ohhh, 1997???
I can't be bothered looking it up, but this is ancient.

Ok, good -- I'm not missing something then. Almost a decade later and they still repeat history. Guess its time to contact the vendor - wheee!
A note for those who use online banking: check for the s!

If you use Firefox or Mozilla (and if not, why not? :-) ) look into the FormFox plugin, which will show you the target
of a click-button POST.

Doesn't help the crappy javascript versions, but good for most.

Jeff