Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Help put a stop to incompetent computer fore nsics

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:43:35 GMT

...and let me remind you, Mr. Terranson, that the majority
of information that originates from SANS (primarily from the
ISC Daily Handlers Diary, and DSHield.org), is far more
substantive that the juvenile B.S. that goes on in this
forum most of the time.

But, of course, you knew that already, right?

Being a "for-profit" organization is not the Sign of the Beast;
the last time I checked, it was a Good Thing (tm), insofar as
being truthful, honest, and doing a service to the online community.

- ferg

p.s. You call that cheap shot "full dsiclosure"?

-- "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org> wrote:

http://www.sans.org/resources/glossary.php

While I realize that this is not going to be a wildly popular point, let
me remind you that SANS is not the kind of place I would use as an
authoritative reference in terms of debate.  SANS is a for profit corp.,
and was run as such even when they were playing possum as a non-profit.
They are *not* a "disinterested third party" any more than the anti-virus
firms are - and not many people would use *them* as an authoritative
reference (assuming of course that there are other sources).

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin () mfn org
0xBD4A95BF

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net