Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Re: Bash vulnerability?

From: "Aaron Bedra" <abedra () westervillelibrary org>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:56:13 -0400

Well stated, but that is not my point.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do think that this list is about sharing useful information with anyone who desires
to read it.  The internet is full of places where these "dim bulbs" you speak of will get burned by things like this.
This board is not the place for that.  I do not say this from a moderator stand point, as I have nothing to do with
moderating the list, but only as an individual who hopes that childish things like this would end up somewhere else.
There are so many things that we can focus on that make a difference in the security world.  It is easy to destroy with
knowlege that is presented here, but seldom do you find a place that useful knowledge is presented and I for one think
that it should not have to be soiled by trivial things such as this post.

My intent was not to offend anyone, but rather to try and focus more on the real issues we are facing.  People that you
think are "the dim bulbs" will sort themselves out.  And to really answer your question, RootmasterG is not doing
anyone any favors in my opinion, just cluttering my already full inbox.  Sorry to the list for the rant, but I just
thought it needed to be said.

Respectfully,

Aaron J. Bedra