Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: An uncontrolled ***OFFTOPIC*** thread ... America's future under George Bush ... my last post in this thread

From: Chris Umphress <umphress () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:20:11 -0800

On 12/19/05, J.A. Terranson <measl () mfn org> wrote:

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Chris Umphress wrote:

On 12/19/05, J.A. Terranson <measl () mfn org> wrote:

America is odd in that is is an active supporter of terrorism (Israel), an

Come again? Israel is a terrorist state? How in the world did you get
your mind bent enough that this even seems right?

repeat it with me:  M-E-N-A-C-H-I-M  B-E-G-I-N.

Isarel was FOUNDED on terrorism, and as with the proverbial tiger, has
never felt the need to change it's stripes.

I suppose I could argue on either side of that fence. In my mind,
Abraham was there early, so the Israelites were re-claiming their
land. Interesting viewpoint, though.

Just a guess, but are you for gun-control also?

I fail to see how these are even remotely related, but i'll bite anyway:
No, I do not believe in "gun control" (ie confiscation).

My apologies for assuming that you would be for "gun control." In my
experience, most of the people who are anti-Israel are against people
protecting themselves as neccessary. I hadn't thought about your
viewpoint for the beginning of the Israeli nation.

Against a person's
right to defend his own life and freedom? Oh wait... that's what this
the guns they need to protect themselves. As long as people can defend
themselves, it almost doesn't matter how big the "weapon" (I see it as
a tool, not a weapon) is, but rather the resolve of the people.

So, clearly we are on the same side of *this* fence.  Now, why are we
here?

Glad to hear that :)

In the
past, the united States has had few external attacks because it was
realized that the people were willing and capable of defending
themselves.

And that same confidence has now morphed into a bullying attitude of
"We're bigger than you, we'll do whatever the hell we damn well please.".

That's a side-effect of so-called "gun control." Cite Germany a few decades ago.

Except for thos "Axis of Evil" areas that can actually defend themselves
against an American invasion (vis Kim Jong Il.).  If Kim is so god awful,
why the hell don't we invade there?  Because he'd blow our fucking asses
off the landing pad.  A nuclear enema for Shrub.  And a well deserved one
I might add.

--
Chris Umphress <http://daga.dyndns.org/>