Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: McAfee VirusScan vs Metasploit Framework v2.x

From: Mike Hoye <mhoye () neon polkaroo net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:00:33 -0500

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:17:30PM -0600, H D Moore wrote:

Looks like some overzealous idiot at McAfee added "Trojan" signatures for
202 files in the latest version of the Metasploit Framework.

This is entirely as it should be. Accounts that don't have permission
to tell McAfee to ignore Metasploit are virtually guaranteed to be
accounts that shouldn't have Metasploit in the first place.

--
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my
fishburger and I realize, Oh my God... I could be eating a slow learner."