Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: WSLabs, Phishing Alert: Internal Revenue (FAO Todd Towles)

From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:20:36 -0000

n3td3v wrote in
news:4b6ee9310512151113v33e76867l695f367939aa25f5 () mail gmail com
On 12/15/05, Todd Towles <toddtowles () brookshires com> wrote:
You are dreaming, you have what 5 e-mail address? Websense has hundreds
all over the world, just like internet protection company. I myself
never stated it is "over all the news".

Are you saying if I and my advisors hadn't decided to go live with the
advisory yesterday, that WS would still have released this advisory?

  Of course they would have.  It's their line of business.  They sent out
five other phishing warnings the same week, so they clearly are able to open
their own email, spot the spam, and identify the phishes, all by themselves,
without needing you to point out the completely-bloody-obvious for them.

    cheers,
      DaveK