Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Clips] A small editorial about recentevents.(fwd)

From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl () mfn org>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:23:24 -0600 (CST)

Sing that song of apologia!!!

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:07:23 -0600
From: Jamie C. Pole <jpole () jcpa com>
To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] [Clips] A small editorial about
    recentevents.(fwd)

Our Federal government cannot enter a disaster area unless invited by
the governor of the state.  In the case of Katrina, the governor was
more concerned with getting re-elected than she was with saving her
constituents.  Her recently-disclosed email messages prove this.
Also, the mayor ordered a mandatory evacuation (when it was too late
to enforce), but most people didn't leave.  If you place yourself in
harms way, is it the government's responsibility to extricate you?

The head of FEMA was a bonehead, but that problem has been fixed.
Are you now going to tell me that the US Army Corps of Engineers went
into New Orleans to blow holes in the levees?  Or maybe we caused
hurricane Katrina with our special nuclear-powered hurricane-generators?

Just checking...

Jamie