Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: list noise

From: Steve Kudlak <stevex11 () sbcglobal net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 03:12:02 -0800

In my case I get a mix of stuff that comes a variety of places. The various sbc clones were in there, so was symoatico. There were Healtyh Insurance processors and they seemed the worst. I think it varies depending on a lot of variables. But it is worth watching this stuff and taking adequate precautions. I have Norton and am considering a backup. My other account is run through sentinare which is really good that plus Norton gets almost everything. The only one that got through yearsn ago was the A"Playa Virus" but luckily I don't use IE or Outlook and I just tossed it withoug opening the attachment so all was OK.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve

P,S, I also scan all outgoing mail etc.

dcdave () att net wrote:

Steve,
On a related topic, what is sbcglobal? 90% of the virus e-mail I see coming in where I work (usually Jennifer the wild girl xxx07) is coming from infected sbcglobal addresses. Warm regards,
dcdave--
CSO
InfoSec Group
703-626-6516