Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SEC-CONSULT SA-20050629-0

From: Bernhard Mueller <research () sec-consult com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:22:52 +0200

we use Windows XP Professional SP2 (german).
the crash occurs on all our XP machines with javaprxy.dll installed.
this dll seems to be installed by default or included in an internet
explorer update.

Yeah I'm using XP Pro with SP2 as well here, english version, I do not
have the file javaprxy.dll, I do have all updates/etc installed. As far
as I can tell from a quick google javaprxy.dll is present in IE 5.5/etc
(according to MS's site), and it's mentioned in conjunction with german
version of XP, but not mentioned with respect to english versions of XP
(very odd).

I can't imagine why javaprxy.dll would be specific to german language
versions of XP. Can you confirm this file is present in non german
versions of XP and.or send me a copy of javaprxy.dll? Thanks in advance.

we do have an EN-version here, and there's no javaprxy.dll on it...
i did not relate this fact to the XP language yet but as it seems
english users do not get the 'javaprxy'-feature.

regards,

sk0L
www.sec-consult.com