Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Stealing Free Articles and Auctioning It

From: "Debasis Mohanty" <mail () hackingspirits com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:22:03 +0530

Hey Folks,

While my efforts are always to contribute free knowledge to the community
like many others, there exists many lames and craps who has mastered Ctrl-C
and Ctrl-V and use this lame methods to copy paste other's work and sell it
in their name.

Thanks to the person who informed me that one of my article called
"De-Mystifying Google Hacks" is being sold at eBay without my knowledge
while the same article is available on my site and as well as many other
security sites free. Here is the link where that lame has put my article on
auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5170644689&ssPageNam
e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Below is the mail of the person who informed me:

Hello !

Did you know that a guy in canada is selling your
paper on eBay for $2.45?

I bought a copy, then used the techniques and fornd
your own paper on:

 www.infosecwriters.com/text_resources/
doc/Demystifying_Google_Hacks.doc

if you like, he's probably still got a listing
there,,,,    let me know if i
can be of any help, ok?

T.P.O

The idea of posting this here is that to make everyone aware of this
incident.

Regards,
Debasis