Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: client - server

From: <fd () ben iagu net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:54:58 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: full-disclosure-bounces () lists netsys com
[mailto:full-disclosure-bounces () lists netsys com] On Behalf
Of Aditya Deshmukh
[...]
- mac address can be changed (even I wasn't able to, because I
have a usb dsl
modem and I cannot change its MAC working with regedit or
using tools like smac )

U don't need to change all this because the website cannot see you mac
address unless u are in the same network segment

If you're using a Windows box with a USB modem as opposed to a router then a
netbios query will disclose your MAC address remotely (try nbtstat -a
boxname). Don't run USB modems, or use host protection.

Cheers,

ben

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html