Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re[2]: Windows 2003 Logging/Log Analysis Tool

From: Mathieu CHATEAU <gollum123 () free fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:28:41 +0100

M> On Nov 17, 2005, at 1:25 PM, Castigliola, Angelo wrote:
As MadHat already suggested: for free tools I found that Snare
(http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/index.html) was the best
however it lacks good notification features such as email or desktop
alerts that inform you there is a problem . You basically need to
monitor Snare's output.

M> I was meaning to suggest using snare on a windows box to report to a
M> syslog server, then use something like SEC to actually monitor
M> events.  Though the SNARE server is ok, and has some nice features,
M> it is not flexible enough (last I checked anyway) for what I have
M> needed in the past.   It's all free and works fairly well in my
M> experience.

M> --
M> MadHat (at) Unspecific.com, CĀ²ISSP
M> E786 7B30 7534 DCC2 94D5  91DE E922 0B21 9DDC 3E98
M> gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.us.pgp.net --recv-keys 9DDC3E98

Would you be smart enough to give an url about the SEC product you are
speaking about ?

Cheers,
Mathieu CHATEAU