Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: unknown windows rootkit

From: Andres Tarasco <atarasco () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 00:03:44 +0100

Hi,

rkdetector ( http://www.rkdetector.com ) should be able to remove
McSport-A rootkit
by overwriting clusters used by those files. After wiping those files, a
reboot should be enough to get again a clear system.

"Nothing detected it Panda titanium AV 2006 and McAfee didnt detect it nor
Microsoft AntiSpyware etc.UnHackMe detected it as HackerDefender Rootkit but
was unable to remove it, so it might be a mutation."

regards,

Andres Tarasco