Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Interesting idea for a covert channel or I just didn't research enough?

From: mudge <mudge () uidzero org>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 13:35:39 -0400

Good points and I agree with you. It is still, however, a variant on 'dead-drop' covert channels - which is not a novel class of covert communications.

It should also be pointed out that the usage of most logging systems, as you describe, provide both storage and timing channels by definition.

cheers,

.mudge