Full Disclosure mailing list archives

From: MadHat <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 22:36:15 -0500

On Sep 2, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Alex Prinsier wrote:
MadHat wrote:

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not.

I was not.

First, this is about securityfocus.com lists, not full- disclosure, just
so we are clear.

Roger.

The security focus lists are moderated. Things they don't want people to see don't go through. Sometimes there may be delays, maybe so that other portions of the company can write scans or signatures to be able
to ddetect and protect against what is being  announced?

Define the security focus lists... is
"full-disclosure () lists grok org uk" from security focus? :)

Because you said security focus lists are moderated and this list
clearly says it's unmoderated, this list isn't from securityfocus, right? :)

issues <full-disclosure.lists.grok.org.uk>

First, don't reply in pubic a private email.  Extremely rude.

Second, the question was not about this list. The original was a message from SecuritFocus about their lists. So pointing out this is an unmoderated list does not do anything. You're the reason I replied in the first place. You asked, and so conveniently removed from this reply:

"Do you mean symantec first checks every message which causes a delay?
And in the case they don't like the message they delete it? Or perhaps
censor some stuff?"

And my _private_ reply was to you saying, yes SecurityFocus lists are moderated and here are some reasons they might be, other than filtering out people like you. The response was not about this list and I don't know what you are trying to say. I don't really want to know either.

--
MadHat (at) Unspecific.com, CĀ²ISSP
E786 7B30 7534 DCC2 94D5  91DE E922 0B21 9DDC 3E98