Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: anybody remember the name of this tool

From: "Bardus Populus" <disclosure () wykkyd securecoffee com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:39:16 -0400 (EDT)

RE:

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:11:31 +0100
From: Bernardo Mart?n <bmartin () desic-sl com>
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] anybody remember the name of this tool
To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk

 May be Cain?

-----Mensaje original-----
De: trihuynh () huynhsec com [mailto:trihuynh () huynhsec com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 24 de agosto de 2005 11:30
Para: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk

Hi all,

I forget the name of a tool that can be used to intercept TCP packet and
allow you to modify the packet before it was sent out. Basically the tool
open 2 ports, one for listening and one for sending, it allows you to
watch
and modify packets in and out. It is like a port forwarding tool with a
packet modifying feature (support editting on both side receive and
sending).
 I remember the tool run on Windows and have a nice GUI with hex editor.
It has been a while for me since the last time using such tool, i cannot
remember the name of it. Google doesn't yeild the right result and it is
not
netsed which is commandline and *Nix based.
I hope some of us here can remember the tool name.

Thanks

Sounds like ettercap.

-bp