Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: No one else seeing the new MS05-039 worm yet?

From: Matt <smp.repicky () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:52:19 -0400

Whatever you posted isn't anything "new." Look at what it's exploiting. It's
LSASS and DCOM rolled up with PnP of this months. Which is Plug and Play not
even UNIVERSAL PnP. So if it's scanning on port 5000 it's not gonna do
anything. It needs to be looking on 445.
 The actual MS05-039 worm is nicknamed Zotob as released Aug 14th and has
done considerable damage. Whatever this thing is that you've posted isn't
worth looking at twice if those details are accurrate.
 http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11297 (*link to the arrest reported on
SecurityFocus of the writers of the worm*)