Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Phorum XSS and Session Hijacking vulnerabilities

From: Scott Dewey <wr0ck.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:00:48 -0400

Brian Moon wrote:
First, all issues that will allow any of the issues here to happen have been fixed. With 5.0.18a, you can not use any method described below. We had the fixes done in less than 24 hours.

Now, what a professional and responsible post. I normally don't reply to these emails, but this person has misrepresented the communications we had with him. It makes me not want to communicate with people that report security flaws. If I had known he would use my words out of context this way, I would have just released the new version and ignored his email.

"Scott" clearly has another agenda here. That is to discredit applications and promote interests of his own. The mention of IPB specifically makes that clear.

Brian Moon
Phorum Dev Team

I commend you and your team on resolving the issues in a timely manner.

I do not believe I misrepresented any of the communications between us, and I don't think I took anything out of context. I quoted what was said is all.

If my "agenda" is to help you and your development team by not only alerting you of the problem, but offering up possible solutions to remedy the issues, then you're probably right. But to say that I'm trying to discredit your application and promote interests of my own (IPB is not an interest of mine) is wrong.

Perhaps we should take this off-list, there's no sense in debating it here.. no sense in debating this at all even, nobody cares.