Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: A Move to Remove

From: Peter Besenbruch <prb () lava net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 09:44:08 -1000

Stuart Dunkeld <stuartd () gmail com> wrote:

If you had filtered out all n*td*v related mail you wouldn't have responded to this thread..

Steve Russell wrote:
I *have* filtered the posts into another folder, and if I choose I
can just delete all of those posts with one click. Doesn't mean I
lack the choice to sometimes read one or two of them and indeed reply
to any of them, I wonder why sometimes... Perhaps time for a new
hobby...

A list like this needs filtering, regardless of the presence of trolls. A lot of my filters target outfits like Gentoo, or Mandriva, not because they are bad "citizens," but because I am not using their product.

As for the trolls, they get added as an extra to to my list filters. It doesn't take long to recognize which people never contribute anything positive. It's easy enough to do, and Full Disclosure becomes pretty useful when you do that.

It's a lot like Usenet. Filters made the place usable. What people kept forgetting was that one rule: Don't feed the troll. This is the first "netdev" related thread on this list that I have seen in a while, and for that I am grateful.
--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky