Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What is wrong with schools these days?

From: Dave Alanis <SDALAN04 () smumn edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:35:17 -0500

"On Tuesday, April 25, 2006  4:20 PM, Peter Besenbruch wrote"

I agree with Peter. However, installing Linux on a home machine for people that need to use it for simplistic functions
may be taking it a bit too far.

I am one of those people. I have a young son, and I am always making a big deal about software and OSs. Not because am
biased towards particular applications. I want my son to become aware of all the current technology.

Maybe it will not turn him into Einstein, but I want him (again) to be more educated, beyond cartoonnetwork.

As far as installing Linux, my ex wife is computer illirate and Ubuntu was my first choice for a safe and easy to use!

~Dave

"Great Spirits Have Always Encountered Violent Opposition From Mediocre Minds" - Einstein

"Cuanta estupidez en tan poco cerebro!"