Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Question about Mac OS X 10.4 Security

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:27:02 -0500

What you think about the latest Mac OS X 10.4.x Security flaws?
I think it will go fast then it goes like Windows Systems more and
more Trojan Horse and other security bugs...

I think McAfee, Symantec, et.al. are all licking their chops at a new venue to hawk their products. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're at least indirectly behind some of the "research" into those vulnerabilities.

MAC users are also part of this problem, IMHO .. they're an elitist group that thinks their trendy little toy is immune to everything. Add to that MAC is built on UNIX, something your average art student knows even less about than Windows, and an operating system that's a lot more fun to tamper with once you're in.

My $0.0184 (6% Ohio taxes withheld)

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University