Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Penetration Testing : A Third Party Hacker.

From: Stack Smasher <stacksmasher () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:26:45 -0500

Any system is only as good as the person who built it. I am a firm
believer in bringing in 3rd parties to pen test. I have too often seen
someone in a position due to who they know and not what they know.
When you bring in that third party who is a professional pen tester
you find gaps in an administrators knowledge.