Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ntpd stack evasion exploit

From: "George A. Theall" <theall () tifaware com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:38:53 -0500

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:29:35PM +1100, Sean Crawford wrote:

And judging from the original email I would say the Federal Reserve Bank of
Minneapolis may well be full of said vulnerabilities.

Just the fact a bank employee is posting on a public list asking for help is
insane, but this list!...WHOA

If I read a post from someone at my bank asking such things I would be
making my way to the nearest branch with a withdrawal form and a copy of the
email for the manager.

It's worse than that, I'm afraid - the Federal Reserve Bank is the U.S.
central bank and, as such, in charge of the country's banking system.

At least the original poster didn't offer up any hostnames.

George
--
theall () tifaware com