Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: How to Determine My System Vulnerabilities

From: "Mike" <mjcarter () ihug co nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:37:43 +1300

You may have nailed it Nick, we used unlocked PCs to shock users into
compliance at my previous company. (One) of the techniques was to send
emails on behalf of the offender.

Looks of surprise and denial from the perceived senders "but I didn't send
that!"
"Lock your PC next time!! And while you're here please re-read this security
policy!"

We only sent to internal addresses though :)

Mike
www.infosec.co.nz