Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: PC Firewall Choices

From: Stan Bubrouski <stan.bubrouski () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:51:19 -0500

On 1/19/06, Dave Korn <davek_throwaway () hotmail com> wrote:

Stan Bubrouski wrote in
news:122827b90601190801w2a7f8206h5d8973cf6b240788 () mail gmail com
As cruel as that last message was I'm sick of the ZA pros here saying
its perfect, its not, far from it.

  Since nobody has ever claimed that ZA is perfect, in saying this you prove

Yeah I didn't literally mean perfect, only that certain people seem to
argue that everyone's complaints about ZA aren't real because they
don't experience them.  What proof could I profer here?  Some flawed
benchmark?  A video?  Why would I bother you assume I'm lying anyways.

that your claims are either lies or hyperbole.  If you can't argue with what

So because you think that one sentence is misleading (in retrospect
'perfect' was not a good word choice), everything else I said must be
untrue.  Sigh.

people actually said, making up things that they didn't say is fatuously
dishonest.

You are the one being dishonest and the one exaggerating here.  You
take something too literally, and call people liars.  Two machines,
one with NPF one with ZA.  When ZA is running on one, IE is slow, when
its off its slightly faster than the machine with NPF.  It's not a
lie, its reality.  You can fly here and come see for yourself, but you
can't touch anything.  I don't know where you've been.

-sb

    cheers,
      DaveK
--

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, How much is ZA paying...YOU!