Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: To XSS or not?

From: Javor Ninov <drfrancky () securax org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:42:59 +0300

how we will measure which one is major and which not ?
major for you is minor for me and vice versa.

if we agree that XSS are vulns (i personally agree) then they deserve to
be reported. Just look at the subject of the message that report a XSS
and choose to read it or to not read it.
XSS are based on bad code practices .. some day the programmers will
learn to not make such mistakes if we point them. if we ignore them ....
well security is not based on ignorance.

Aaron Gray wrote:
Major ones could still be reported on the other lists.

Aaron

something like xsstraq powered on securityfocus should be cleaner yep :)

Maybe there should be a special XSS list that could specialize in
that area ?

Javor Ninov aka DrFrancky
drfrancky shift+2 securax.org