Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Strange Emails -- What are they?

From: "Geo." <geoincidents () nls net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:00:59 -0400

ok, that makes sense... will greylisting counter this?

To some degree depending on how you greylist but why would you want to? In
other words if the spammers know that 100 of your domain's addresses on
their mailing list are invalid and remove them, then that's 100 email
attempts your server won't have to deal with for each spamming.

I mean to me it would seem getting 100 addresses off the spammers list is a
good thing. In fact I'd like to be able to send the same error message for
the addresses that are valid and have them removed from the spam list as
well.

Geo.