Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vunerability in yahoo webmail.

From: nocfed <nocfed () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 05:31:59 -0500

On 6/12/06, c0ntex <c0ntexb () gmail com> wrote:
On 12/06/06, David Loyall <david.loyall () gmail com> wrote:
> Oh, I've CC'd abuse () yahoo com, but if someone else would give them a proper
> write-up, and encourage them to close the hole, that'd be wonderful.

I know this guy who has over 7 years of direct security influence with
Yahoo and Google security engineers!

You know that you really should have replied from av3 () yahoo com and
attached a .shm or a .scr, right?  I would definatly open any
attachment sent from av3 () yahoo com in a heartbeat.

Really though, that's some crappy static code.  It reminds me of a 1st
year programmer that replicates their same call 100 times to get 1
thing done.

I'm not quite sure how people still fall for these things... be it a
executable attachment or html, that low and behold CAN have javascript
(AJAX/Web 2.0TM) in it, you should not be just opening any
attachments.