Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: UnAnonymizer

From: Peter Besenbruch <prb () lava net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:17:19 -1000

H D Moore wrote:
If your real internal and external NAT addresses did not appear when using a proxy, either the Java applet did not load or a race condition failed. From browsing the database backend, it looks like just over 1,000 people were successfully identified (internal + nat gw + external + dns). The database is wiped every 24 hours.

I doubt it's a race condition, as the failure is consistent. As for the failure of something to load, that's possible, although Java applets run just fine, when I enable them, as I did with the Metasploit site.

As you can no doubt tell, I used a *nix based system for the test, where there are a variety of ways to install both the browser and Java. In my case, I went to Sun and Mozilla directly. I placed a link from Java's plug-in to Firefox's plugin directory. That was about the extent of my installation.

Thanks for testing!

No, thank you. It was interesting.