Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Noise on the list

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:10:26 -0500

netdev,

That you inferred from my mail that I called you and idiot says a lot.
Those are not my words and I did not call you an idiot. I did call out
that there is a netdev in every crowd with netdev == undesirable in this
case. I also opined that FD is a great training ground for learning how
to deal with idiots, this does not necessarily make you one. I
personally think you are in need of attention and/or have an undisclosed
agenda.

All,

I think that it is foolish to expect anything else from a segment of the
population subscribed to the list. If the signal to noise ratio is too
high there is the excellent aggregated list without the noise run by
Seifried and it can be found over here =>
https://lists.seifried.org/mailman/listinfo/security

Fortunately most people have learned how to filter mail involving netdev
so the noise ratio for them is pretty low these days. I don't have to
feel bad for adding to it. At least I'm adding some alternative forum in
my post instead of complaining.

n3td3v wrote:
The only people driving off quality discussion and people are the folks
complaining that posters don't meet their standard of intellect and
disclosure policy and presentation of vulnerabilities.

But keep calling netdev an idiot, you'll go far in your career.

On 3/21/06, *Jason* <security () brvenik com <mailto:security () brvenik com>>