Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: RSA HAVE CRACKED PHISHING, NO SERIOUSLY

From: n3td3v <n3td3v () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:22:22 +0100

Well, Chris, it looks to me by the RSA publishing this information that they
are encouraging anyone with a botnet to send thousands of bogus queries to a
web form, which would crash a mail server or database, which belonged to a
company, that the phishers had previously hacked and the company was
previously unaware was being used in a phishing attempt. So now it seems the
RSA are sending out information about their activities, which could
infulence scriptkids/ hackers etc who own large bot nets to attack anything
they see as a "phish". Although, just by individuals of the public sending a
single query per user to a phish login form, could cause the same affect as
a malicious users bot network.