Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: For Sale: Security Vulnerability DatabaseCompany

From: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc () science org>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:39:53 +0000 GMT

russ_foster () yahoo com wrote:
If this were a serious offer, I'd at
least expect a phone number and
website (of the company brokering
the sale). Not a "reply to my
googlemail account"...

Have you replied to the googlemail account?

Doing so will result in more information about the offer and the opportunity for the buyer.

If you're not interested then just ignore the offer. If you're truly offended by it, then investigate.

I appreciate that the poster chose NOT to supply a URL but invited instead personal correspondence on the matter from
interested parties.

Your tactic of supplying a URL would be offensive to me, so it's probably a good thing you weren't the one hired to
help the company in question locate a buyer.

Best,

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org