Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Patterns and Security Measurement

From: Nguyen Pham <nguyen.petronius () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:30:50 +0200

Hi list,

Actually, I am trying to measure security (and then security assurance) level of a complex telecommunication network. I am looking for a method/approach/product using sets of predefined, standard entities (station, server, firewall, router, ...) and relations (forming "patterns" like pipe, cluster, bus, gateway, ..., architectures) which have already been measured to simplify the process of system security measurement. An aggregation algorithm is then needed to arrive at an overall system security value.

Any recommendation of academic or industrial solutions would be welcome.

Other suggestions for solving the problem (security measurement of complex network) are also greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Nguyen Pham.