Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SSH brute force blocking tool

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 16:57:57 -0500

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 04:41:43PM -0500, J. Oquendo wrote:
That specially crafted attempt would be a HUGE raping of TCP/IP. How do you supposed it would be possible for someone to insert 0wn3ed or any other variable outside of an IP address?

That's impossible.

Putting extra spaces in the log entry is easy.

And extra spaces would do what... If the point is to insert a name someone in order to send out information from the 13th column in authlog, then I'll tell you what, you name the system it can happen on and I will personally apologize publicly. It is not doable. I'd have a better chance of hanging with Santa while I bang Angelina Jolie while Denise Richards watches me.

--
J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743