Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: BLOGGER XSS VULNERABILITY

From: Susam Pal <susam () susam in>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:41:05 +0530

Why is this a vulnerability? I can't see a way by which an attacker can
insert JavaScript code into my blog.

I've noticed that for any blog hosted at blogspot.com the cookie will
be not shown.

The sensitive cookies are not maintained under blogspot.com, so allowing
JavaScript in blogspot.com doesn't look like a threat or vulnerability.

Otherwise, if the blog is located inside your web site, the cookie
will be shown.

But I am the only one who is inserting the JavaScript in my blog. So,
I'll end up stealing the cookies set for my domain. Why would I steal
cookies set for my domain? I already know them because it is my website.

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/