Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: TCP Port randomization paper

From: "Fernando Gont" <fernando.gont () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:55:21 -0300

On Dec 9, 2007 2:20 AM, reepex <reepex () gmail com> wrote:

~$ grep -i grsec draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-randomization-00.txt
~$

as stated by the last person its very strange you do not mention grsecurity
in your
"Survey of the algorithms in use by some popular implementations"

Well, it's just *some* popular implementations. I will add a note on
grsecurity in the next revision of the draft.

Are you a developer of selinux or a close friend/relative/lover? It is well
known the the selinux developers are in 'grsec/pax denial' (similar to
holocaust denail) and believe that their product, which does protect against
any attacks and leaves many holes for the nsa to exploit in chinese
networks, is superior to pax even though selinux  has easily bypassable
stack overflow, kernel vulernablity, and null pointer deference protections.

That's not the case here. (And I wasn't even aware of that "denial"
you mention).

I'd be glad to include a section on both grsec and selinux. If you
point me a good reference to each of them, that might speed up the
process quite a bit. ;-)

Kind regards,
Fernando