Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Torpark breaks with DEP enabled, and how to break it further so that it works

From: KJKHyperion <hackbunny () s0ftpj org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:13:23 +0100

coderman wrote:
Sorry, I'm a noted Windows fanboy and I'm not sure I find that a plus
you must have w2k server, no WSAENOBUFS [0] hell for you!  *g*
woe onto the unwary developer who uses select on Windows. It is merely a
concession to portability, not actually meant to be used. Seriously,
guys, we have had a good laugh about it. But it was all a joke. A prank!
Stop using it, k? No love lost, we hope
in any case, i hope you are aware of which claims are actually
supported by Torpark and which aren't. [1]
My counter"claim" is that Torpark is "crappy" and "bloated". I tolerate
it because I am "lazy".

I also seriously, earnestly cannot accept for a fact that nobody else
has noticed that it breaks with hard-DEP enabled
that's sick dude!  quit drinking the cool-aid before it's too late!  :P
I used to be the proud owner of a Windows server that NATted a
PPP-over-LPT connection onto an ISDN line (inexplicably [!], RRAS didn't
appear to have been designed to support a scenario where you NAT a PPP
connection into another PPP connection.). A virtual Ethernet interface
(Microsoft Loopback) also somehow fit in the scheme, if I recall
correctly. Despite Microsoft's best intentions, the whole Rube Goldberg
actually worked