Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: 802.1q Vlan Packets

From: pengo13 <pengo13 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:31:25 -0800

pengo13 wrote:
The IEEE standard paper:

http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.1Q-2003.pdf

Other than wireshark/ethereal there is Yersinia which is a tool that
is supposed to take advantage of weaknesses in various protocols
(802.q being one of them). I know it includes a vlan spoofing feature,
but I haven't had time to really give the tool a try outside of
installing it and running it for abit.

http://www.yersinia.net/

Wikipedia has some info as well.

Hope that helps maybe a little bit.

crazy frog crazy frog wrote:
Hi List,

I am looking for some information on 802.1q vlan packets.i recently
seen some captures in which  the protocol type in their ethernet
header is 802.1q (some googling gave me the packet structure) bellow
that sometimes ppp strcutres comes and some times it doesn't come.my
question is why its happening and can i get some sample capture or a
decoder for this kind of protocol?
thanks for any help.

Regards,