Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Source code of the belgian electoral voting system

From: "William Robinet" <william.robinet () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:09:24 +0200

On 6/11/07, Thierry Zoller <Thierry () zoller lu> wrote:
Dear John,
JS> http://www.ibz.rrn.fgov.be/index.php?id=627

Is this a joke ? I have never seen such useless logging in my whole
life, this reads like pre-historic code, also cool how they check if
it's really a backup disc.

Thumbs up for publishing the code, now let the fest begin.

Ps. Just saw it is prehistoric code..

   Revision History
   ################

   01/06/93: revision history starting date
   05/08/93: When a card is already positioned in the card reader, a read on
             the external card reader is forced before the main loop starts,
             making the routine Reader_Read_Card() called in
             Process_Card_IN_BAC() work.

--
http://secdev.zoller.lu
Thierry Zoller

Hi,

There is a code analysis of some previous versions:
"Both 2003 and 2004 versions of Digivote contain major errors that
compromise the anonymity of the voting procedure."
http://www.afront.be/lib/vote.html

And this is the best one:
"Could a cosmic ray really hit a computer and change an electoral result ?"
http://wiki.ael.be/index.php/ElectronicVotingRandomSpontaneousBitInversionExplained

Wil