Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Local police hacking,now?

From: "Peter Dawson" <slash.pd () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 11:31:12 -0400

some law officer ..know quite a bit about google hacks and use that for
simple research on the their suspects /perps..

http://plentyoffish.wordpress.com/2006/11/19/how-i-helped-capture-one-of-americas-most-wanted-fugitives/

On 5/9/07, Col <colweb () gmail com> wrote:

On 5/9/07, Dave No, not that one Korn <davek_throwaway () hotmail com> wrote:
> scott wrote:
> > Just read an article about local police being able(by law)to hack a
> > suspects box from the net.
>
>   Hey, did you hear there are countries other than ... wherever the hell
you
> live?  Some of them even have internet access, too!
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK
> --
> Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

I think he's in the US. This is old news in the UK to be honest, while
they are not exactly looking at your machine directly, they can snoop
and have been for some time.

RIP Bill -
http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/cm199900/cmbills/064/2000064.htm

A nicer read of the same thing -